MCADSV is dedicated to the empowerment of all the state's survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Our mission is to develop and promote efforts aimed at the elimination of all domestic and sexual violence in Michigan.
The MCADSV network of programs provides a wide range of essential services free of charge to all victims of domestic and sexual violence. These services include:
- 24-hour crisis intervention hotlines
- Counseling and support groups
- Outreach and public education
- Legal advocacy/court accompaniment
- Forensic nurse examiner programs
- Emergency shelter
- Children's programming
In 2000, the MCADSV statewide network of programs provided emergency shelter services and crisis counseling to 13, 891 survivors of domestic and/or sexual violence, and responded to 61,309 hotline calls from individuals seeking support.