MCADSV is dedicated to the empowerment of all the state's survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Our mission is to develop and promote efforts aimed at the elimination of all domestic and sexual violence in Michigan.
The purpose of the Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, Transgender, Intersex, Queer and Questioning (LBGTIQ) & Allies Task Force is to:
- Enhance and increase access to advocacy and services for LBGTIQ individuals who are survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Help develop more supportive and inclusive working environments for LBGTIQ service providers.
- Provide education to member agencies and the public-at-large on issues related to heterosexism, homophobia, biphobia, and transphobia as they relate to the unique dynamics of LBGTIQ domestic and sexual violence.
- Work to affect positive social change in the LBGTIQ community and the domestic and sexual violence movement.
- Confront heterosexism, homophobia, biphobia, and transphobia and other prejudices in the movement and in member agencies.